automatically for another customer if the original customer doesn't confirm with a payment.
Creating a booking with payment automation via the Admin Calendar is simplicity itself!
- In the Admin Calendar
- Drag where you want to make the booking
- In the "Add new" popup, select "Booking"
- Now, select the Service you want, any other details about the booking and the enter customer details as required
- Select the "Payment" tab
- Select the "Request online payment" checkbox
- Now decide if you want the payment period to be "Unlimited" or select an appropriate amount of time to allow your customer to pay
- Enter any other details for the booking
Considerations for payment automation
Note that if the time period is set to "Unlimited", the booking will remain booked indefinitely but in an unpaid status until the customer pays, you mark the booking as paid or the booking is cancelled manually. A booking with an unlimited payment period will not cancel automatically. While, this is appropriate in some cases, you would have to manage following up with the customer to ensure payment. If they don't pay and don't turn up this can obviously lead to a no show.
It's also important to select a time period that's appropriate for your business and the booking that's being made - that is, you need to give enough time for the customer to pay but, in the event that they don't pay, gives your business enough time for the slot to potentially be filled by another customer.
The lead time on the booking is also important. If you are making a booking for two days time but you give your customer a week to pay, this could end up in a no show.
Only you can really decide what the payment period should be based on the particular circumstances of the booking.
Jezzam gives you complete flexibility to choose payment automation to suit your needs.